- Duration: 2 hrs
- $99 single / $139 double / $179 triple (cash only to receive reduced price)
- Difficulty: Easy
This is our most popular snowmobile tour. The trailhead is in beautiful Hope Valley, at 7,200 feet, just south of Lake Tahoe in Alpine County, California. After a brief orientation, a safety talk, and driving instruction, guests drive themselves, following their guide. The trail climbs rapidly, quickly heading deep into the backcountry. Looking west across Faith Valley, visitors see the dramatic Sierra Crest at nearly 10,000 feet. Crossing Charity Valley below Markleeville Peak the trail passes historic cabins built by early settlers. Following the rim of Charity Canyon and another climb to 8,300 feet, it levels out for a view of a peak very appropriately named The Nipple. With many miles of groomed trails in the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest, every tour offers tremendous scenic opportunities.
- Helmets, Boots, and Gloves included!
- Goggles and Snowsuit available for rent.
- This tour can be ridden single, 2-up (double), 3-up (triple).
- 2 single rider minimum per reservation.
The guides at Lake Tahoe Adventures are experienced at teaching beginning snowmobilers. Once out on the trail they continually assess the ability of the group and tailor the tour to deliver the best experience for everyone.
* Early Bird is only for the first tour of the day.